Rising temperatures mean rising energy bills for most homeowners. While it is impossible to compromise and live in an uncomfortably warm house, you can still save a fortune by using solar screens. These solutions work against the sun to improve home comfort and reduce pressure on your wallet. They do this by reducing up to 90% of sun rays and heat getting in the house through the windows.
So, why are solar screens a worthy investment? Read on for these answers.
- They reduce reliance on the air conditioner. Since the house has reduced heat, you may not need to use your air cooler. This will significantly save energy bills.
- Block ultraviolet rays. Solar screens block about 75-99% of UV rays from entering the house. This reduces heat in the house and prevents diseases such as skin diseases caused by excess UV sun rays.
- You take care of your interior. Although you are under a roof, sun rays through the windows may fade your carpet, wall paint, items displayed on the wall, not to mention furniture. Solar screens reduce the sun rays in the house and increase the lifetime of items in your interior.
- Offer insect protection. The solar screens prevent the entry of insects and pests into your house. Additionally, they save you from using pest prevention plugins that add energy consumption.
- Boost privacy. Solar screens are darker than standard windows and thus block people outside from seeing what is inside. Nevertheless, they block visibility from inside by only about 15-40% based on the fabric of your solar screens.
- Easy to roll them away. In case of a temperature change or need for more sun or light in the house, it is easy to roll them away or remove them.
For more information on why solar screens are a worthy investment and recommendable upgrade to save energy, get in touch with Longhorn. We shall offer you a free consultation to start you off on using solar screens to save what you spend on energy bills.