Retractable patio screens conveniently allow you to enjoy fresh air and great views while keeping bugs at bay. They also reduce the sun’s intensity on your patio furniture and provide privacy from neighbors. However, they can accumulate dirt over time, which calls for occasional maintenance. Here’s a simple step-by-step process of how to clean retractable patio screens.
- Remove any debris that has accumulated at the bottom of the screen with a broom or a vacuum. Make sure that the debris is removed properly so that it is not pulled back into the track.
- Most stains can be easily be cleaned by wiping off the screens with soapy water and a clean rag.
- For tougher stains, the screen fabric can be cleaned with diluted bleach.
- Be sure to wipe gently to avoid stretching or tearing the mesh fabric. Make sure you allow the screens to thoroughly dry before you retract them into their housing.
- Wipe the tracks with a soft cloth to remove any spots or debris.
Our retractable screens use mildew-resistant synthetic mesh fabric. It’s likely that you won’t need to clean them very often, but regular screen maintenance is important. The professionals at Longhorn Solar Screens are established professionals dealing in screens, shades, and shutters. We value our customers and strive to offer the best customer service. For all your custom-built bug/insect screen needs, do not hesitate to contact us for more information on how to clean retractable patio screens.